Fabulous Christmas gift ideas: Green fingers
Feast your eyes on part one of our ultimate Christmas gift guide: this week, terrific toys for boys and girls, foodie treats, addictive gadgets, literary treasures and much more…
Saturday 26 November 2011
1. Lace-up gum boots, £120, Celtic Sheepskin
2. 'The Plant Hunters' book, £20, Kew Gardens shop
3. Eames black bird, £108, The Design Museum; frame, £9, John Lewis
4. Gardening gloves, £25, Kew Gardens shop
5. Eden Project twin planter chilli set, £15, John Lewis
6. Bronze duckling watering can, £19, Kew Gardens shop
7. Eva Solo self-watering herb pots, £25.50, John Lewis
8. Luxury flower basket, £25, Marks & Spencer
9. Garden line, £12, Kew Gardens shop
10. Animal head terracotta planter, £24.95, Graham & Green
11. Seed packets, £3.25 each, The Balcony Gardener
12. Floral Birdhouse Object, £25, V&A
13. Stella McCartney gardening bustier, £86, and briefs, £65, Fox & Rose
14. 'Hampton Gardens' book, £95, Liberty
15. Gardeners' hand wash, £9, The Covent Garden Academy of Flowers
16. Gnome jumper, £65, Cath Kidston
17. Flower arranging evening course voucher, £95, The Covent Garden Academy of Flowers
18. Mexican garden rocking chair, £425, Graham & Green
Click the links below to view the gift guides
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...