Circus chaos : LETTERS
Monday 16 January 1995
Occasionally, the London boroughs use their right to alter traffic light regimes and produce the opposite. One example of this is at Oxford Circus, where an alteration to traffic light sequences before Christmas means that the junction capacity is insufficient for the buses scheduled to pass that point.
The consequent delays have largely destroyed the regularity of routes passing Oxford Circus, and there has been additional congestion and pollution in surrounding streets.
Yours faithfully, PETER HENDY Managing Director Centrewest London Buses London, W2
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Support Analyst (Back Office, CRM, Sharepo...
£65000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Bonus, Package : Harrington Starr: Busin...
£75000 - £90000 per annum + UNCAPPED OTE + PACKAGE: Harrington Starr: European...