'Condom' created to protect iPad in kitchen
Monday 09 May 2011
It's been described as a condom for the iPad. Designed to protect the tablet device from kitchen spills, a Minnesota company has developed a protective sleeve that enables home cooks to scroll through menus and turn pages with egg-covered, grimy hands.
The transparent Chef Sleeve was designed to fit the tablet snugly, and like a Ziplock bag, has a resealable top. The protective cover is meant to save home cooks the trouble of performing intricate, one-handed juggling tricks when reading recipes on their expensive digital device.
The sleeves are waterproof, disposable and recyclable, and are made from material which is "touch responsive." The box it comes in also doubles as a stand.
Reviews are mixed, with some hailing the product for freeing the cook from having to handle the tablet gingerly, while others point out a Ziplock bag or layer of cling film will also do the trick.
A pack of 25 sleeves is $19.99 US and ships in the US and Canada.
Life & Style blogs
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...