Designer watch: ciao baby
Monday 02 February 1998
Well, that's what he'd like you to think. Waterproof to a depth of 17 miles, it probably rarely encounters anything more demanding than a bit of wayward shampoo. Worse still, the chunky watch is in reality just a gaudy knick-knack, an armour-plated bracelet for people who are proud to say they never wear jewellery. And if it's not a fake, but yer genuine Rolex or Tag, you can bet your gold fillings that the chunky watch is just the smallest weapon of the urban warrior's armoury: there's the 4x4, the mountain bike, the sailing anorak... Liberate your wrist and bin the chunky watch - if you need to know the time, you're probably late already.
Life & Style blogs
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...