Don't junk it ... use it. How to fold a sheet of paper into a container for smaller pieces of paper
Saturday 29 March 1997
2. Now fold the edge AB down to meet the point C in such a way that the point B comes to rest along the line BD.
3. The next thing to do is to fold the edge DE upwards to meet the line ACB. Ensure that all creases are sharp, because you will need them later. Now unfold the last two folds.
4. Fold and unfold the edges BD and AF similarly, the first down to C, the second to meet it. Now unfold all your good work except for the bottom corners.
5. Make a ridge (that's a fold in the opposite direction from the others) from corner to corner of the diamond shapes above the folded corners.
6. Now the tricky bit: nudge upwards at the last two folds to raise the sides of the box. Tuck the corners 1 and 2 into the box to hold all in place.
And there it is: an A4 piece of paper gives a 10.5cm square box. Smaller for computer discs, larger for CDs. (From a design by Professor Humi Huzita.)
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...