Don't say you haven't...
Thursday 27 November 1997
heard ... that today is Thanksgiving in America. So as you trudge off to work, try not to think about all the Americans spending the day stuffing their faces with turkey, chestnut stuffing, pumpkin and pecan pie (to name but a few dishes).
sampled ... the sweet reminder of summer - honey. It's just not for bears, so move over Pooh and make way for the National Honey Show. Will include the sweet stuff plus other by-products of the hive such as candles and other crafts. Kensington Town Hall, Hornton Street, London. Times: 2.30- 7.30pm today, 9.30am-7pm Saturday and Sunday. Tickets: pounds 4.
Life & Style blogs
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
- 2 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 3 Chrissie Hynde says women who 'wear high heels and dress provocatively entice rapists'
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...