Fantasy shopping . . .
Sunday 02 June 1996
Beige suede hipsters, pounds 313, and cropped top, pounds 153, both by Sportmax from MaxMara, 32 Sloane Street, London SW1 and 153 New Bond Street W1, in colour shown only, sizes 8-14. Enquiries: 0171 287 3434.
. . . BACK TO REALITY
When the plain but beautiful-without- glasses Miss Jones, in time-honoured tradition, whipped a pin out of her hair, she did it with one swift hand movement. Those of us who have tried to recreate this coquettishness, even if only in the privacy of our bedrooms, will know that to hold hair up successfully you need at least 400 very unattractive kirby grips. No longer - gather your hair up into a chignon, stick one of these in and you're away. AB
Hair pins by Johnny Loves Rosie, pounds 7.95 each at Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge, London SW1 and branches of Fenwick. Enquiries: 0171 435 0089.
Life & Style blogs
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...