Fashion: space oddity
Hussein Chalayan's clothes challenge the viewer and delight the wearer. His spring collection, `Between', explores the relationship between space and light. Styling by Sophia Neophitou. Photographs by Mark Alesky
Saturday 21 February 1998
White knit extended armhole dress, pounds 175
Opposite: white linen coat with Sam Cheong collar, pounds 485
Make-up Sharon Dowsett, using Aqua colour from Charles Fox.
Hair Adam Bryant, for Toni & Guy, using TiGi linear
Model Mica at IMG
Left: white linen mongolian jacket, pounds 385. White linen skirt back vent, pounds 150.
This page: navy jersey dress with silver beading, enquiries 0171-240 5224
Stockists Liberty, Regent Street, London W1; Selfridges, Oxford Street, W1; Browns, 23-27 South Molton Street, WC2; Koh Samui, 65 Monmouth Street, WC2; Whistles, 12 St Christopher's Place, W1; Square, 3-4 The Corridor, Bath
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...