Fashion: What's hot - High-low shoes
Wednesday 01 April 1998
The designer's trousers featuring one leg shorter than the other have already attracted a cult following. But fashion victims, hungry for the new lop-sided shoe look, are doing it for themselves, while Scott's challenging styles, by Christian Louboutin, won't hit the shops next September.
Already, doctors are expressing concern about the potential for spinal injury in young people wearing a 6in platform on one foot and a flat pump on the other. Ambulances in the fashion capitals of the world are said to be on alert for emergency calls from people who have simply fallen over in their shoes and are unable to stand up again.
Meanwhile, the waiting list for Scott's new high-low shoes is growing...
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...