African designers to showcase collections during World Cup
Thursday 03 June 2010
Just days before the FIFA World Cup quarter finals, Africa Fashion Week will kick off in Johannesburg June 30, presenting the best of the continent's design.
The four-day event will feature almost 30 designers from Nigeria, Uganda, Botswana, Ghana, Somali, Tunisia, South Africa, and Mozambique. Among them are some of Africa's biggest fashion stars, such as David Tlale or Marianne Fassler.
Xuly Bët, Paris-based celebrity favorite (Grace Jones, Lauryn Hill and Neneh Cherry are all fans), will be opening the fashion week, followed by the likes of Laquan Smith (the maker of Rihanna's iconic "Rude boy " jumpsuit) and Deola Sagoe, who showed in New York last season.
Find a complete schedule for the event at http://www.africanfashioninternational.com.
All shows will take place at Johannesburg's Sandton Convention Centre, and tickets go on sale via computicket.com from June 7.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Pirelli calendar 2015: First plus-size model Candice Huffine is featured alongside Adriana Lima and Natalia Vodianova in a fetish-themed shoot
Christian Louboutin launches £495 nail polish
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...