African designers to showcase collections during World Cup
Thursday 03 June 2010
Just days before the FIFA World Cup quarter finals, Africa Fashion Week will kick off in Johannesburg June 30, presenting the best of the continent's design.
The four-day event will feature almost 30 designers from Nigeria, Uganda, Botswana, Ghana, Somali, Tunisia, South Africa, and Mozambique. Among them are some of Africa's biggest fashion stars, such as David Tlale or Marianne Fassler.
Xuly Bët, Paris-based celebrity favorite (Grace Jones, Lauryn Hill and Neneh Cherry are all fans), will be opening the fashion week, followed by the likes of Laquan Smith (the maker of Rihanna's iconic "Rude boy " jumpsuit) and Deola Sagoe, who showed in New York last season.
Find a complete schedule for the event at http://www.africanfashioninternational.com.
All shows will take place at Johannesburg's Sandton Convention Centre, and tickets go on sale via computicket.com from June 7.
Life & Style blogs
Artificial intelligence will become strong and threaten us, says Bill Gates
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
British Breakfast Awards 2015: London restaurant wins prize for inventive take on the Full English
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cure for cancer to her scientist father
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...