Alexander Wang most popular among Japanese retailers
Wednesday 07 October 2009
Women's Wear Daily reports that according to a new survey published by the Japanese fashion newspaper
Senken Shimbun, cutting-edge American designer Alexander Wang tops the list of Japanese buyers' favorites.
The runner-up, French design label Givenchy, only got half the 'votes,' according to the paper. It was followed by (in descending order) Balmain, Japanese street brand Undercover, Italian luxe label Prada, fashion-forward designer Dries Van Noten, Chinese-American master of sleek chic 3.1 Phillip Lim, Japanese avant-garde brand Comme des Garçons and one of France's ultimate fashion houses, Yves Saint Laurent.
WWD also reports that Le Journal du Textile, a French fashion trade publication, previously polled retailers in France to reveal their bestsellers. They almost exclusively ranked French labels with Lanvin in first place, followed by Balenciaga, Dries Van Noten and Jean Paul Gaultier.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
The face of fertility: why do men find women who are near ovulation more attractive?
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the go-to company for ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join the UK's leadin...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This caravan dealership are currently recruiti...