Alexander Wang most popular among Japanese retailers
Wednesday 07 October 2009
Women's Wear Daily reports that according to a new survey published by the Japanese fashion newspaper
Senken Shimbun, cutting-edge American designer Alexander Wang tops the list of Japanese buyers' favorites.
The runner-up, French design label Givenchy, only got half the 'votes,' according to the paper. It was followed by (in descending order) Balmain, Japanese street brand Undercover, Italian luxe label Prada, fashion-forward designer Dries Van Noten, Chinese-American master of sleek chic 3.1 Phillip Lim, Japanese avant-garde brand Comme des Garçons and one of France's ultimate fashion houses, Yves Saint Laurent.
WWD also reports that Le Journal du Textile, a French fashion trade publication, previously polled retailers in France to reveal their bestsellers. They almost exclusively ranked French labels with Lanvin in first place, followed by Balenciaga, Dries Van Noten and Jean Paul Gaultier.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
- 3 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped commission: SThree: Does earning a 6 figu...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A challenging opportunity for a...