Alexander Wang most popular among Japanese retailers
Wednesday 07 October 2009
Women's Wear Daily reports that according to a new survey published by the Japanese fashion newspaper
Senken Shimbun, cutting-edge American designer Alexander Wang tops the list of Japanese buyers' favorites.
The runner-up, French design label Givenchy, only got half the 'votes,' according to the paper. It was followed by (in descending order) Balmain, Japanese street brand Undercover, Italian luxe label Prada, fashion-forward designer Dries Van Noten, Chinese-American master of sleek chic 3.1 Phillip Lim, Japanese avant-garde brand Comme des Garçons and one of France's ultimate fashion houses, Yves Saint Laurent.
WWD also reports that Le Journal du Textile, a French fashion trade publication, previously polled retailers in France to reveal their bestsellers. They almost exclusively ranked French labels with Lanvin in first place, followed by Balenciaga, Dries Van Noten and Jean Paul Gaultier.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£Negotiable: Citifocus: Polished and professional individual with RDR Level 4 ...
£16000 - £20000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: BA2 Somerset
£45000 - £55000 Per Annum Extensive Benefits Package: Clearwater People Soluti...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Charter Selection: Leading UK company seeks an expe...