Alexander Wang most popular among Japanese retailers
Wednesday 07 October 2009
Women's Wear Daily reports that according to a new survey published by the Japanese fashion newspaper
Senken Shimbun, cutting-edge American designer Alexander Wang tops the list of Japanese buyers' favorites.
The runner-up, French design label Givenchy, only got half the 'votes,' according to the paper. It was followed by (in descending order) Balmain, Japanese street brand Undercover, Italian luxe label Prada, fashion-forward designer Dries Van Noten, Chinese-American master of sleek chic 3.1 Phillip Lim, Japanese avant-garde brand Comme des Garçons and one of France's ultimate fashion houses, Yves Saint Laurent.
WWD also reports that Le Journal du Textile, a French fashion trade publication, previously polled retailers in France to reveal their bestsellers. They almost exclusively ranked French labels with Lanvin in first place, followed by Balenciaga, Dries Van Noten and Jean Paul Gaultier.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...