Alexander Wang most popular among Japanese retailers
Wednesday 07 October 2009
Women's Wear Daily reports that according to a new survey published by the Japanese fashion newspaper
Senken Shimbun, cutting-edge American designer Alexander Wang tops the list of Japanese buyers' favorites.
The runner-up, French design label Givenchy, only got half the 'votes,' according to the paper. It was followed by (in descending order) Balmain, Japanese street brand Undercover, Italian luxe label Prada, fashion-forward designer Dries Van Noten, Chinese-American master of sleek chic 3.1 Phillip Lim, Japanese avant-garde brand Comme des Garçons and one of France's ultimate fashion houses, Yves Saint Laurent.
WWD also reports that Le Journal du Textile, a French fashion trade publication, previously polled retailers in France to reveal their bestsellers. They almost exclusively ranked French labels with Lanvin in first place, followed by Balenciaga, Dries Van Noten and Jean Paul Gaultier.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 4 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 5 Bryan Cranston speaks candidly about wealth
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...