Annie Leibovitz, Damien Hirst and others create luxe travel bags for good cause
Monday 05 October 2009
To commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Red Cross, French luxe label Louis Vuitton has commissioned contemporary artists to create one-off pieces to be auctioned off at London's Sotheby's in November.
Working with the brand's iconic leather workshop in Asnières, just outside Paris (in business since 1859, another 150th birthday), celebrity chef Ferran Adrià, photographer Annie Leibovitz, musician Gustavo Santaolalla, painter Damien Hirst, fashion designer and Louis Vuitton's creative director Marc Jacobs, and family heir Patrick-Louis Vuitton all designed leather trunks and bags in line with the label's aesthetics.
Leibovitz chose to create a practical leather backpack, while Hirst designed a black trunk and Jacobs opted for a dog carrier (the designer owns two bull terriers).
The Sotheby's auction will take place on November 17 with all proceeds going to the Red Cross. Up to then, the items will be on show at exclusive viewings all over the world.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
£45-£57k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£36000 - £38000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are working wi...
£25000 per annum: Charter Selection: Exciting sports company with a strong bra...