Apps for the style-conscious: Louis Vuitton city guides, ethical shopping
Wednesday 16 February 2011
This week, travel in style with Vuitton's new Amble app, beautify your browsing with Pulse, and make ethical shopping easier with The Good Shopping Guide.
Louis Vuitton has finally entered the app game, releasing Amble, the digital (and free!) version of its popular City Guides. Find hip places around you, customize each city's map with your notes, and share your favorite spots with friends and family - and in case you're lacking inspiration, find likeminded Amblers' tips via the app or online at louisvuittonamble.com.
Ethical shopping is good but oh-so-time-consuming? Enter The Good Shopping Guide: based on the eponymous UK-focused book, the new app lets you browse and compare more than 700 brands across 15 ethical shopping critera and provides an overall rating of their eco-friendliness to facilitate quick buying decisions. Costs $4.99.
Pulse, the free iPad app that transforms your favorite websites into easily readable and sleek-looking mosaics, has been updated this week. Perfect timing: now it's even easier to stay up to date during fashion month.
Beauty product testing site Temptalia is getting ready to launch its first mobile app. Participate in its survey to make sure it will be up to your standards.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Photographer/ Floor planner /...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Front-End Developer - Guildford/Craw...
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Assistant is...
£16000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious and motivated Sale...