'Ascent' fragrance finder app gets competition from iPerfumer
Friday 25 June 2010
Shortly after beauty giant Estée Lauder announced its Ascent iPhone app to facilitate in-store perfume shopping, fragrance house Givaudan is taking over with the iPerfumer, which is already available on the iTunes store.
The company used information gathered with its Miriad 2.0 software, which won this year's FiFi Technological Breakthrough of the Year for Fragrance Creation & Formulation award, to create a database of more than 4,000 prestige fragrances.
Maurizio Volpi, marketing director at Givaudan Fragrances, explained that this was a step towards targeting a new generation of fragrance enthusiasts: "Many people are so daunted by the choice that they walk away. Others simply buy the same perfume every time because it is a safe choice," he said. "Our research shows that young people particularly are not becoming fragrance buyers, but they love technology."
iPerfumer works on the basis of your personal preferences, creating fragrance profiles and suggesting other suitable perfumes similar to the ones you're already using. Another tool gives you the currently available perfumes that are most popular among other iPerfumer users.
The free app can be found at http://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/iperfumer/id371709945?mt=8.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...