Asian model continues quest for more diversity in beauty and fashion
Liu Wen, the Chinese model who also was the first Asian to ever walk a Victoria's Secret runway, has been signed as the first Asian face modeling for beauty giant Estée Lauder.
The move follows the diversity-endorsing campaign by Rimmel London, one of Lauder's competitors, which just tapped stars including the African American Solange Knowles and the Hispanic Alejandra Ramos Munoz as faces for the brand.
Diverse ethnicity and diverse body shape are big trends in beauty and fashion right now: French Vogue put Rose Cordero on its March issue, the first black cover model since 2002, and Lancôme hired Vietnamese-American YouTube beauty vlogger Michelle Phan as its official 'video make-up artist' and thus one of its most-seen public faces.
As for body shape, recent developments have seen French Elle publish a 'Spécial Rondes' (plus-size issue) at the end of last month, and so-called fashionistas, or plus-size fashion bloggers, are currently gaining popularity and influence on the web: for a good selection, visit Refinery29 at http://www.refinery29.com/our-plus-size-fashion-resource.php or The Guardian at http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2010/jan/30/fat-fashion-blogs.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...