Attention, sneakerheads, new online encyclopedia launched
Thursday 19 May 2011
A new site by sneaker chain Footlocker is aiming to unite fans worldwide with new site Sneakerpedia.com.
Collectors and enthusiasts are encouraged to post photos of their personal favorites together with photos, product information (brand, color, stitching, release date...) as well as a personal story relating to the shoe. 'Most owned' and 'Most loved' features will also give insight about current trends and timeless sneaker classics.
Prior to the launch on May 17, 'ambassadors' were recruited to populate the new archive, resulting in collections of Kish Kash and Ghettrocentricity from the UK, Jay Smith of France, Marco Colombo from Italy, DJ Clark Kent and Bobbito Garcia from the US, and many others.
"By fueling this project, we are bridging the gap between continents and raising awareness of a shared passion for sneakers," said Stacy Cunningham, Footlocker's corporate VP of marketing, "this community of sneaker enthusiasts can now share their knowledge, interest, and expertise of the products that unite us."
Life & Style blogs
Report finds English children among the unhappiest in world
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
- 1 Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >
Negotiable: Randstad Education Plymouth: JOB DESCRIPTION - NURSERY ROOM LEADER...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Developer, Chester, Banking, DI Studio, £450-...
£20000 - £30000 per annum + OTE £40 - £50K first year: SThree: SThree Group an...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...