Attention, sneakerheads, new online encyclopedia launched
Thursday 19 May 2011
A new site by sneaker chain Footlocker is aiming to unite fans worldwide with new site Sneakerpedia.com.
Collectors and enthusiasts are encouraged to post photos of their personal favorites together with photos, product information (brand, color, stitching, release date...) as well as a personal story relating to the shoe. 'Most owned' and 'Most loved' features will also give insight about current trends and timeless sneaker classics.
Prior to the launch on May 17, 'ambassadors' were recruited to populate the new archive, resulting in collections of Kish Kash and Ghettrocentricity from the UK, Jay Smith of France, Marco Colombo from Italy, DJ Clark Kent and Bobbito Garcia from the US, and many others.
"By fueling this project, we are bridging the gap between continents and raising awareness of a shared passion for sneakers," said Stacy Cunningham, Footlocker's corporate VP of marketing, "this community of sneaker enthusiasts can now share their knowledge, interest, and expertise of the products that unite us."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£16000 - £46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£9 - £13 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a s...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...