Attention, sneakerheads, new online encyclopedia launched
Thursday 19 May 2011
A new site by sneaker chain Footlocker is aiming to unite fans worldwide with new site Sneakerpedia.com.
Collectors and enthusiasts are encouraged to post photos of their personal favorites together with photos, product information (brand, color, stitching, release date...) as well as a personal story relating to the shoe. 'Most owned' and 'Most loved' features will also give insight about current trends and timeless sneaker classics.
Prior to the launch on May 17, 'ambassadors' were recruited to populate the new archive, resulting in collections of Kish Kash and Ghettrocentricity from the UK, Jay Smith of France, Marco Colombo from Italy, DJ Clark Kent and Bobbito Garcia from the US, and many others.
"By fueling this project, we are bridging the gap between continents and raising awareness of a shared passion for sneakers," said Stacy Cunningham, Footlocker's corporate VP of marketing, "this community of sneaker enthusiasts can now share their knowledge, interest, and expertise of the products that unite us."
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...