Balmain to launch more affordable line
Tuesday 24 May 2011
Looks as if new creative head Olivier Rousteing was only the beginning of a series of big changes at the French fashion house: thanks to a new licensing deal with Italian company Ittierre, a more accessibly priced ready-to-wear range is in the works.
According to reports by Women's Wear Daily, the new line will consist of both men's and women's clothes under the name of Pierre Balmain, and while it will be produced by a separate design team, the creations will have to be approved by Rousteing.
The official launch is expected in September, possibly during New York fashion week.
Balmain had recently come under a lot of criticism, due to "absurd" pricing, with a $1,625 ripped cotton t-shirt provoking particular protest.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
£130 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Secondary Geography Teacher Lo...
£55 - £70 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: Are you a dynamic and energeti...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Group: SEN TAs, LSAs and Support Workers needed...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: The Sheffield office of this...