Beauty chain launches ingredient-focused online shopping
Tuesday 08 February 2011
Sephora has introduced a new section, called Makeup Plus, that allows shoppers to browse products by particularly "beneficial" skincare ingredients.
So far, the categories include Argan Oil (hydrates skin), Amazonian Clay (brightens), Wild Rose (smoothes), Sugar (softens and hydrates), Youthful Synergy (firms and illuminates), and Quercetin and Oak (reduces wrinkles) - with brands ranging from Josie Maran, Tarte, and Korres to Fresh and Anastasia.
Consumers are increasingly growing aware of the nature of skincare ingredients, with beauty sites reacting to the trend. This week, new site Ayla launches at aylabeauty.com to bring conscious shoppers a selection of organic skincare, for instance.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...