Beauty chain launches ingredient-focused online shopping
Tuesday 08 February 2011
Sephora has introduced a new section, called Makeup Plus, that allows shoppers to browse products by particularly "beneficial" skincare ingredients.
So far, the categories include Argan Oil (hydrates skin), Amazonian Clay (brightens), Wild Rose (smoothes), Sugar (softens and hydrates), Youthful Synergy (firms and illuminates), and Quercetin and Oak (reduces wrinkles) - with brands ranging from Josie Maran, Tarte, and Korres to Fresh and Anastasia.
Consumers are increasingly growing aware of the nature of skincare ingredients, with beauty sites reacting to the trend. This week, new site Ayla launches at aylabeauty.com to bring conscious shoppers a selection of organic skincare, for instance.
Life & Style blogs
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
From criminal to catwalk: Convict Jeremy Meeks wins modelling contract in the most unusual fashion scouting – behind bars
Prostate cancer could actually be five different diseases, say scientists
NHS treatments such as vasectomies and hip operations to be rationed because of cost-cutting
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 Model's video shoot on the beach interrupted by sudden landing of a group of illegal migrants
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 MH370: Boeing 777 wing that could match missing plane found on the French island of Reunion
- 5 'Killer robots' with AI must be banned, urge Stephen Hawking, Noam Chomsky and thousands of others in open letter
£20000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading indepen...
£26000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Systems Administrator is requ...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Edinburgh city centre Scho...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250...