Beauty fans concerned about their ugly armpits
Tuesday 05 April 2011
Some were making fun of Dove's new Ultimate Go Sleeveless Nourished Beauty Deodorant, meant to beautify your armpits, for creating a problem that doesn't really exist - but more than 350,000 new online fans might disagree.
It seems like the beauty brand, which said that according to its own study "93 percent of women consider their armpits unattractive," has hit a nerve with customers: on this week's social media ranking on Famecount, it leads the pack by over 300,000 more new fans than each of the other brands.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to Famecount are:
01. Dove: +355,200 (total fans: 1,059,550)
02. Axe Angels Club: +33,242 (total fans: 1,349,776)
03. Hair Experts: +25,510 (total fans: 810,147)
04. Maybelline New York: +20,837 (total fans: 341,770)
05. Old Spice: +16,017 (total fans: 1,361,704)
06. MAC Cosmetics: +14,254 (total fans: 1,661,042)
07. Bath & Body Works: +13,644 (total fans: 1,621,432)
08. CoverGirl: +12,372 (total fans: 790,394)
09. BH Cosmetics: +11,034 (total fans: 182,012)
10. ChapStick: +10,573 (total fans: 1,948,378)
Data recorded Tuesday, April 5. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
DNA hope on schizophrenia: Research breakthrough points at over 100 genes
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Man takes most pointless Uber cab ride of all time
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Scheme Manager (BREEAM)...
Flexible, depending on experience: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: T...
£850 - £950 per day: Orgtel: Programme Director - Conduct Risk - Banking - £85...
£100 - £110 per day: Orgtel: Project Coordinator/Order Entry Hampshire