Beauty fans concerned about their ugly armpits
Tuesday 05 April 2011
Some were making fun of Dove's new Ultimate Go Sleeveless Nourished Beauty Deodorant, meant to beautify your armpits, for creating a problem that doesn't really exist - but more than 350,000 new online fans might disagree.
It seems like the beauty brand, which said that according to its own study "93 percent of women consider their armpits unattractive," has hit a nerve with customers: on this week's social media ranking on Famecount, it leads the pack by over 300,000 more new fans than each of the other brands.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to Famecount are:
01. Dove: +355,200 (total fans: 1,059,550)
02. Axe Angels Club: +33,242 (total fans: 1,349,776)
03. Hair Experts: +25,510 (total fans: 810,147)
04. Maybelline New York: +20,837 (total fans: 341,770)
05. Old Spice: +16,017 (total fans: 1,361,704)
06. MAC Cosmetics: +14,254 (total fans: 1,661,042)
07. Bath & Body Works: +13,644 (total fans: 1,621,432)
08. CoverGirl: +12,372 (total fans: 790,394)
09. BH Cosmetics: +11,034 (total fans: 182,012)
10. ChapStick: +10,573 (total fans: 1,948,378)
Data recorded Tuesday, April 5. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus battery capacity will be weaker than predecessors, Apple leaks suggest
Amazon Prime Video launches offline viewing, feature Netflix has said is 'never going to happen'
How to discover who your best friends are on WhatsApp - using a tool within the application
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This recognized leader in providing software s...
£40000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT support company has a n...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A works engineer is required in a progressive ...