Beauty fans concerned about their ugly armpits
Tuesday 05 April 2011
Some were making fun of Dove's new Ultimate Go Sleeveless Nourished Beauty Deodorant, meant to beautify your armpits, for creating a problem that doesn't really exist - but more than 350,000 new online fans might disagree.
It seems like the beauty brand, which said that according to its own study "93 percent of women consider their armpits unattractive," has hit a nerve with customers: on this week's social media ranking on Famecount, it leads the pack by over 300,000 more new fans than each of the other brands.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to Famecount are:
01. Dove: +355,200 (total fans: 1,059,550)
02. Axe Angels Club: +33,242 (total fans: 1,349,776)
03. Hair Experts: +25,510 (total fans: 810,147)
04. Maybelline New York: +20,837 (total fans: 341,770)
05. Old Spice: +16,017 (total fans: 1,361,704)
06. MAC Cosmetics: +14,254 (total fans: 1,661,042)
07. Bath & Body Works: +13,644 (total fans: 1,621,432)
08. CoverGirl: +12,372 (total fans: 790,394)
09. BH Cosmetics: +11,034 (total fans: 182,012)
10. ChapStick: +10,573 (total fans: 1,948,378)
Data recorded Tuesday, April 5. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for o...
£35000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leader provides c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...