Beauty fans concerned about their ugly armpits
Tuesday 05 April 2011
Some were making fun of Dove's new Ultimate Go Sleeveless Nourished Beauty Deodorant, meant to beautify your armpits, for creating a problem that doesn't really exist - but more than 350,000 new online fans might disagree.
It seems like the beauty brand, which said that according to its own study "93 percent of women consider their armpits unattractive," has hit a nerve with customers: on this week's social media ranking on Famecount, it leads the pack by over 300,000 more new fans than each of the other brands.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to Famecount are:
01. Dove: +355,200 (total fans: 1,059,550)
02. Axe Angels Club: +33,242 (total fans: 1,349,776)
03. Hair Experts: +25,510 (total fans: 810,147)
04. Maybelline New York: +20,837 (total fans: 341,770)
05. Old Spice: +16,017 (total fans: 1,361,704)
06. MAC Cosmetics: +14,254 (total fans: 1,661,042)
07. Bath & Body Works: +13,644 (total fans: 1,621,432)
08. CoverGirl: +12,372 (total fans: 790,394)
09. BH Cosmetics: +11,034 (total fans: 182,012)
10. ChapStick: +10,573 (total fans: 1,948,378)
Data recorded Tuesday, April 5. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
International Space Station’s huge size shown in spacewalk image
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Company is the UK's leading...
£40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a critical role within the secur...
£20000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The company is an established, ...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...