Britons are Europe's worst-dressed travellers
Friday 04 June 2010
British people are the worst-dressed holidaymakers in Europe followed by Germans, while the Italians and French are the smartest, according to a survey released Friday.
The findings came despite 36 percent of Britons - who are famed for fashion blunders like wearing socks with sandals - admitting that they dress more adventurously than usual while on a break.
The survey also looked at how good people from different countries are at switching off from the pressures of work while taking a break.
A massive 87 percent of travellers from France said they checked their work emails while on holiday compared to over a quarter of Britons. That figure is despite France's reputation as a less workaholic country than Britain.
And while 93 percent of Britons try to speak the local language when abroad, some 20 percent of French travellers say they do not make any effort at all.
The survey by travel website TripAdvisor quizzed 2,717 European travellers last month.
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 5 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...