Burberry stays on top thanks to new beauty tutorials
Tuesday 05 April 2011
From its interactive Art of the Trench website to elaborate live streams of its fashion shows, British label Burberry has - under creative director Christopher Bailey - been a shining example of social media savviness. Over the past few weeks, it has even surpassed long-reigning Converse and Victoria's Secret, thanks to several new beauty tutorials a week.
The videos on how to achieve a "natural," "effortless," or "sunkissed" look match Burberry's fashion perfectly, promoting its new beauty range at the same time.
All its tutorials can be watched online at http://www.youtube.com/user/Burberry.
According to shopping blog Racked, the brand is also planning a fashion-meets-technology extravaganza on April 13 that will be broadcast live all around the world: following its Beijing store opening at the Sparkle Roll Plaza, Burberry will stage a show at the Beijing Television Center that will feature Brit rockers Keane, top models, and digital imagery including "life-like" holograms.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to Famecount are:
01. Burberry: +387,799 (total fans: 5,380,536)
02. Converse: +200,731 (total fans: 13,622,216)
03. Converse All Star: +172,217 (total fans: 15,067,550)
04. Levi's: +114,310 (total fans: 3,839,953)
05. American Eagle Outfitters: +85,782 (total fans: 4,145,341)
06. Victoria's Secret: +77,846 (total fans: 12,165,279)
07. Victoria's Secret Pink: +43,589 (total fans: 8,467,530)
08. Zara: +43,470 (total fans: 8,455,874)
09. H&M: +43,375 (total fans: 6,589,583)
10. Lacoste: +40,118 (total fans: 5,209,267)
Data recorded Tuesday, April 5. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Life & Style blogs
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
There's a snake in my hat! Snakes in tiny headgear becomes latest pet trend
Microsoft announces first exclusive Xbox One content: a documentary on the worst video game ever
Potential revolution in cancer treatment voted breakthrough of the year by scientists
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: This Big 4 giant is seeking ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Do you have personal tax exp...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £30000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Capita ...