Burberry stays on top thanks to new beauty tutorials
Tuesday 05 April 2011
From its interactive Art of the Trench website to elaborate live streams of its fashion shows, British label Burberry has - under creative director Christopher Bailey - been a shining example of social media savviness. Over the past few weeks, it has even surpassed long-reigning Converse and Victoria's Secret, thanks to several new beauty tutorials a week.
The videos on how to achieve a "natural," "effortless," or "sunkissed" look match Burberry's fashion perfectly, promoting its new beauty range at the same time.
All its tutorials can be watched online at http://www.youtube.com/user/Burberry.
According to shopping blog Racked, the brand is also planning a fashion-meets-technology extravaganza on April 13 that will be broadcast live all around the world: following its Beijing store opening at the Sparkle Roll Plaza, Burberry will stage a show at the Beijing Television Center that will feature Brit rockers Keane, top models, and digital imagery including "life-like" holograms.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to Famecount are:
01. Burberry: +387,799 (total fans: 5,380,536)
02. Converse: +200,731 (total fans: 13,622,216)
03. Converse All Star: +172,217 (total fans: 15,067,550)
04. Levi's: +114,310 (total fans: 3,839,953)
05. American Eagle Outfitters: +85,782 (total fans: 4,145,341)
06. Victoria's Secret: +77,846 (total fans: 12,165,279)
07. Victoria's Secret Pink: +43,589 (total fans: 8,467,530)
08. Zara: +43,470 (total fans: 8,455,874)
09. H&M: +43,375 (total fans: 6,589,583)
10. Lacoste: +40,118 (total fans: 5,209,267)
Data recorded Tuesday, April 5. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
- 3 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...