Cardies: the rules
Tuesday 24 June 2008
Stick to block colours, preferably dark or at least neutral.
Go for fine-gauge knits. A chunky one will make you look, well, chunky.
Keep it short. Long-line cardigans that cover your bum are strictly for girls.
It's preferable to wear something underneath your cardigan – try a plain round-neck T-shirt.
Don't wear a cardigan just for the sake of it on a hot day. Sweaty is never going to be fashionable.
Avoid pastel colours. Slightly effeminate is good, outright girlish is bad.
Collared cardigans are wrong on every level. This warning is for your own good.
Resist the urge to embellish your cardigan – crests, logos and fancy ribbing mean you're trying too hard.
Mohair only works on rock stars. There are no exceptions.
Don't let your grandma make you one. Machine knits are preferable.
Matt Smith is set to join cast of Jane Austen classic - with a twist
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Survivor William Pooley is flown to US to give doctor with virus emergency blood transfusion
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Tezenis removes 'crime scene' pants from Oxford Street store after backlash over 'rape' connotations
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8 review: not an overhaul, but the iPhone is gradually growing up
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 'Necrophilia-obsessed' girl among double murder accused in three-way sex case
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
£15000 - £16000 per annum: Randstad Education Group: To work as part of the Le...
£100 - £110 per day + Travel scheme plus free professional trainnig: Randstad ...
£100 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Cardiff: Are you a qualified secondary...
£100 - £110 per day + Travel Scheme plus free professional training: Randstad ...