Cardies: the rules
Tuesday 24 June 2008
Stick to block colours, preferably dark or at least neutral.
Go for fine-gauge knits. A chunky one will make you look, well, chunky.
Keep it short. Long-line cardigans that cover your bum are strictly for girls.
It's preferable to wear something underneath your cardigan – try a plain round-neck T-shirt.
Don't wear a cardigan just for the sake of it on a hot day. Sweaty is never going to be fashionable.
Avoid pastel colours. Slightly effeminate is good, outright girlish is bad.
Collared cardigans are wrong on every level. This warning is for your own good.
Resist the urge to embellish your cardigan – crests, logos and fancy ribbing mean you're trying too hard.
Mohair only works on rock stars. There are no exceptions.
Don't let your grandma make you one. Machine knits are preferable.
Life & Style blogs
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
The big fresh food con: Alarming truth behind the chocolate muffin that won't decay
From criminal to catwalk: Convict Jeremy Meeks wins modelling contract in the most unusual fashion scouting – behind bars
Holi: Festival of colours honoured with Google Doodle – here's what you need to know about the celebration
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards
£65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Technical Presales Engineer - central London ...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Physiotherapist / Sports Ther...
£8 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Sales Executives / Advisors are required...
£14000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a...