Cardies: the rules
Tuesday 24 June 2008
Stick to block colours, preferably dark or at least neutral.
Go for fine-gauge knits. A chunky one will make you look, well, chunky.
Keep it short. Long-line cardigans that cover your bum are strictly for girls.
It's preferable to wear something underneath your cardigan – try a plain round-neck T-shirt.
Don't wear a cardigan just for the sake of it on a hot day. Sweaty is never going to be fashionable.
Avoid pastel colours. Slightly effeminate is good, outright girlish is bad.
Collared cardigans are wrong on every level. This warning is for your own good.
Resist the urge to embellish your cardigan – crests, logos and fancy ribbing mean you're trying too hard.
Mohair only works on rock stars. There are no exceptions.
Don't let your grandma make you one. Machine knits are preferable.
Life & Style blogs
National Burger Day: all your beefy questions answered
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini review: a watertight little brother to the S5 with a top flight screen
- 1 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
£200 - £300 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Network Security Engineer, CCNP Lon...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Cheshire: SEN Teacher required with Early Years...
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...