Cardies: the rules
Tuesday 24 June 2008
Stick to block colours, preferably dark or at least neutral.
Go for fine-gauge knits. A chunky one will make you look, well, chunky.
Keep it short. Long-line cardigans that cover your bum are strictly for girls.
It's preferable to wear something underneath your cardigan – try a plain round-neck T-shirt.
Don't wear a cardigan just for the sake of it on a hot day. Sweaty is never going to be fashionable.
Avoid pastel colours. Slightly effeminate is good, outright girlish is bad.
Collared cardigans are wrong on every level. This warning is for your own good.
Resist the urge to embellish your cardigan – crests, logos and fancy ribbing mean you're trying too hard.
Mohair only works on rock stars. There are no exceptions.
Don't let your grandma make you one. Machine knits are preferable.
Life & Style blogs
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...