Celebrity beauty lessons: Halle's bikini body, Heidi's legs, Leighton's product picks
Wednesday 21 July 2010
Work out like Halle Berry, don't overspend on products with tips from Leighton Meester, and tone your legs with bodyshaping flip-flops like Heidi Klum.
Show off your bikini body in your 40s like Halle Berry
The actress, who stunned the world this week with new Bond Girl-worthy pictures of her in a bikini (she's 43), relies on celebrity trainer Ramona Braganza to keep her in shape. Braganza told InStyle that the best move to boost your body is the squat thrust because it's "an all-over fat-blasting exercise because it uses the large muscles of the legs, back and chest and raises your heart rate to keep your metabolism revved up." The magazine's step-by-step instructions:
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, then bend knees and squat down. Put your hands on the ground on either side of feet.
2. Transfer your weight from your feet to your hands as you simultaneously jump back into a plank position.
3. Hold for a second, then jump back into a squat position and return to standing position. For added calorie burn, jump straight up to complete the exercise. Repeat 10 times.
More information on Braganza and her methods can be found on http://www.ramonabraganza.com.
Shop beauty products on the cheap like Leighton Meester
Celebrity Beauty Buzz has shared the Gossip Girl star's favorite beauty picks, all costing below $20: MAC's Russian Red lipstick ($14), Palmer's Cocoa Butter ($5.30), and Fragrance Shop New York Inc.'s custom scents ($16.50).
Get great summer legs like Heidi Klum
Most summer looks are all about your legs, so it's important they look toned. Follow supermodel Heidi Klum's example and invest into a pair of FitFlops ($30) that, much like bodyshaping sneakers (MBT, Reebok EasyTone), train your legs on the go.
Life & Style blogs
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Mapping the tubes: The hidden world of undersea cables that make up the internet
Titanfall: Release date, gameplay basics, DLC and everything else you need to know
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: One of the largest mobile advert...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client specialises in creati...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Private Cli...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residential...