Celebrity beauty lessons: how to look red carpet-ready in your pictures
Wednesday 16 June 2010
This week's tricks will make you look better in photos, help you find the rarest fragrances, and alert you to the essential makeup products every woman needs, according to Salma Hayek.
Look good in pictures like the divas of the red carpet
Celebrity Beauty Buzz lists the top tips of Markus Klinko and Indrani - celebrity photographers starring in the US TV show Double Exposure - for looking like a star in pictures:
1. Pick your best color: choose a color that pops like bright pink, white can make you look bigger and black can hide figure-flattering curves.
2. Find your angle: to prevent a double chin, keep your chin down and lean forward a bit. Practice your angles in a three-way mirror.
3. Don't pile on the makeup: while you may want to hide the flaws you see in a zoom mirror, piling on the makeup will make you look worse; keep it natural and minimal.
4. Find your light: if you can get the photographer's head to be below the main source of light, it will make you look softer and glowing.
5. Move it: try moving around during the photo for a less frozen-like posture. Think of how a model changes from pose to pose.
6. Think deep: think about something you're passionate about, rather than focusing on trying to look good for the photo.
Find rare fragrances online like Sarah Jessica Parker
According to StyleList, celebrities including Cameron Diaz, Gwen Stefani, and Katie Holmes head to Luckyscent.com to get hold of hard-to-find fragrances. Sarah Jessica Parker shops her L'air du Desert Marocain here.
Get the Hollywood look like Salma Hayek
The actress lets InStyle magazine in on her makeup routine: "When I wear makeup, I apply tinted moisturizer. For my dark circles, which I have because I travel and I'm a mother, I use Touche Eclat by YSL - it's light and it works. Blush by Laura Mercier. Mascara and lipstick - I have one I love by Nars called Gipsy, I adore red."
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
1 in 3 women will get bacterial vaginosis but are unlikely to know what it is
Alzheimer's breakthrough: Scientists may have found potential cause of the disease in the behaviour of immune cells - giving new hope to millions
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...