Celebrity beauty lessons: stay sexy during your pregnancy
Wednesday 26 May 2010
Supermodel Karolina Kurkova tells you how she got her figure back after giving birth six months ago, and a celebrity trainer shares tips on how to get rid of cellulite. Plus: stars' favorite product for instant summer legs.
Stay in shape despite your pregnancy like Karolina Kurkova
Admittedly, the supermodel's tips - shared with W Magazine - might work better if you have a personal trainer and not much else to do with your time than looking great. But apart from the Tracy Anderson DVD that anyone can buy (Kurkova swears by her workout as do countless other celebrities), the interview might inspire a healthier lifestyle during your pregnancy to bounce back into shape much more quickly.
"I think the secret was really staying active throughout my pregnancy," she said. "I did Pilates, a lot of weight training, I walked a lot and I traveled. [...] I was eating really healthy, taking good supplements and vitamins, drinking green juices and just making sure I was putting the best stuff in my body. [...] Obviously you want to try to give it more natural foods, and fruits, good vitamins, fish oils, fiber. Lots of fiber when you're pregnant!"
Get rid of cellulite with workout guru Jackie Warner
Celebrity Beauty Buzz has posted Warner's top three tips how to deal with orange peel skin:
"1. Drink three liters of water a day with lemon juice - this prevents water retention which is the main cause of cellulite.
2. Stay away from processed and fried foods which hinder circulation and cause ripely bumps!
3. An apple a day... keeps the fat away! Snacking on an apple, which contains pectin - detoxifies the body."
Warner's book This Is Why You're Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever) is available on amazon.com.
Get flawless summer legs like Cameron Diaz
According to DuWop, celebrities including Cameron Diaz, Hillary Duff or Jessica Simpson rely on the beauty brand's Revolotion, a tinted cream ($28) that conceals blemishes and evens the skin.
Life & Style blogs
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
When is a wine made in Piedmont not a Piemonte wine? When EU rules make Italian vineyards invisible
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CORPORATE - Corporate Solicitor NQ+ An excelle...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...