Chinese duo take creative helm at Cacharel
Tuesday 07 June 2011
French fashion house Cacharel, best known for colourful prints and breezy pret-a-porter styles, on Monday named a Paris-based Chinese design duo as its new artistic directors.
Liu Ling and Sun Dawei - who succeed Cedric Charlier, who left the family-owned business in March after just four seasons - will send out their first collection during the next Paris fashion week that opens September 27.
In a statement, Cacharel said Liu, 32, a native of Harbin in northeast China, and Sun, 29, from Dalian, would be in charge of womenswear, menswear, children's clothing and accessories.
Liu and Sun started their studies in China before coming to Paris to attend the prestigious Chambre Syndicale fashion institute, where they met. They started their own label, Belle Ninon, in 2009.
Liu's career has taken her to Balenciaga and Yves Saint Laurent, while Sun has honed his craft at Lolita Lempicka, Balenciaga and John Galliano.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£36000 - £38000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are working wi...
£25000 per annum: Charter Selection: Exciting sports company with a strong bra...
£250 - £295 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Financial Accountant - IFRS - Glouc...