Chinese duo take creative helm at Cacharel
Tuesday 07 June 2011
French fashion house Cacharel, best known for colourful prints and breezy pret-a-porter styles, on Monday named a Paris-based Chinese design duo as its new artistic directors.
Liu Ling and Sun Dawei - who succeed Cedric Charlier, who left the family-owned business in March after just four seasons - will send out their first collection during the next Paris fashion week that opens September 27.
In a statement, Cacharel said Liu, 32, a native of Harbin in northeast China, and Sun, 29, from Dalian, would be in charge of womenswear, menswear, children's clothing and accessories.
Liu and Sun started their studies in China before coming to Paris to attend the prestigious Chambre Syndicale fashion institute, where they met. They started their own label, Belle Ninon, in 2009.
Liu's career has taken her to Balenciaga and Yves Saint Laurent, while Sun has honed his craft at Lolita Lempicka, Balenciaga and John Galliano.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£16000 - £46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£9 - £13 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a s...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...