Chloe Sevigny to stage first runway show
Monday 23 May 2011
According to style.com, the actress will be showing her latest range for Opening Ceremony during New York's fashion week, marking a debut for both Sevigny and the retailer.
"Right now I am focused on putting together my first runway show," Sevigny told the site. "I've never done this part before and it's a little scary, to be honest. I'm still in the early stages, but I have been looking at spaces, looking at models, and selecting the music and all of that. It's pretty cool to be doing this."
For her past collections for the hip New York City design store, Sevigny has staged everything from a concert to a tea party, but never a formal fashion show.
Other actresses that have designed for fashion brands include Emma Watson for People Tree and Lindsay Lohan for Ungaro, but in terms of 'hipness,' Sevigny's creations for Opening Ceremony are only rivaled by Alexa Chung's Madewell line.
Life & Style blogs
Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen mocked for wearing a burka to avoid being seen visiting plastic surgeon in Paris
- 5 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
£17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are a leading company in the field ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£26041 - £34876 per annum: Recruitment Genius: There has never been a more exc...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...