Chloe Sevigny to stage first runway show
Monday 23 May 2011
According to style.com, the actress will be showing her latest range for Opening Ceremony during New York's fashion week, marking a debut for both Sevigny and the retailer.
"Right now I am focused on putting together my first runway show," Sevigny told the site. "I've never done this part before and it's a little scary, to be honest. I'm still in the early stages, but I have been looking at spaces, looking at models, and selecting the music and all of that. It's pretty cool to be doing this."
For her past collections for the hip New York City design store, Sevigny has staged everything from a concert to a tea party, but never a formal fashion show.
Other actresses that have designed for fashion brands include Emma Watson for People Tree and Lindsay Lohan for Ungaro, but in terms of 'hipness,' Sevigny's creations for Opening Ceremony are only rivaled by Alexa Chung's Madewell line.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: SURREY MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: What do you want to do with your career? Do yo...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company is a leading expert in immunoassa...