Chloe Sevigny to stage first runway show
Monday 23 May 2011
According to style.com, the actress will be showing her latest range for Opening Ceremony during New York's fashion week, marking a debut for both Sevigny and the retailer.
"Right now I am focused on putting together my first runway show," Sevigny told the site. "I've never done this part before and it's a little scary, to be honest. I'm still in the early stages, but I have been looking at spaces, looking at models, and selecting the music and all of that. It's pretty cool to be doing this."
For her past collections for the hip New York City design store, Sevigny has staged everything from a concert to a tea party, but never a formal fashion show.
Other actresses that have designed for fashion brands include Emma Watson for People Tree and Lindsay Lohan for Ungaro, but in terms of 'hipness,' Sevigny's creations for Opening Ceremony are only rivaled by Alexa Chung's Madewell line.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cure for cancer to her scientist father
- 1 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A PA is required to join a leading provider of...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£35000 - £43000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior IT Support Analyst...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...