Chloe Sevigny to stage first runway show
Monday 23 May 2011
According to style.com, the actress will be showing her latest range for Opening Ceremony during New York's fashion week, marking a debut for both Sevigny and the retailer.
"Right now I am focused on putting together my first runway show," Sevigny told the site. "I've never done this part before and it's a little scary, to be honest. I'm still in the early stages, but I have been looking at spaces, looking at models, and selecting the music and all of that. It's pretty cool to be doing this."
For her past collections for the hip New York City design store, Sevigny has staged everything from a concert to a tea party, but never a formal fashion show.
Other actresses that have designed for fashion brands include Emma Watson for People Tree and Lindsay Lohan for Ungaro, but in terms of 'hipness,' Sevigny's creations for Opening Ceremony are only rivaled by Alexa Chung's Madewell line.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 4 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 5 Bryan Cranston speaks candidly about wealth
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...