Christina Hendricks lands major fashion deal
Thursday 17 February 2011
If you needed final proof that curves are back in a big way, how about the news that Christina Hendricks will model for Vivienne Westwood?
The Daily Mail reports that the curvy Mad Men star has been tapped for the British designer's jewelry ads.
Westwood's curve-enhancing dresses - which, to the delight of her male fans, are also likely to feature in the ads - seem like a perfect match for Hendricks, who told the Mail: 'She is my favourite designer. As a young girl I would cut out pictures of her dresses from magazines, although I was never able to afford them. ... The lovely thing now is that I can borrow them and they fit so well, unlike some designer clothes."
Hendricks has previously starred in raincoat label London Fog's campaign, following in Gisele Bundchen's footsteps.
Life & Style blogs
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
Inside A&E: The highs, the lows, and the grief is something that echoes across all hospitals around the world
Rita Ora reveals all – from her 24 tattoos to what she likes to wear when no-one's looking
American Apparel’s model agency leaked casting call saying it wants ‘real models’ not ‘Instagram hoes’
Just three alcoholic drinks a day increase chances of liver cancer
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity to...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Managers are required to join the UK's...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will maximise the effective...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + uncapped commission : SThree: Hello! I know most ...