Christina Hendricks lands major fashion deal
Thursday 17 February 2011
If you needed final proof that curves are back in a big way, how about the news that Christina Hendricks will model for Vivienne Westwood?
The Daily Mail reports that the curvy Mad Men star has been tapped for the British designer's jewelry ads.
Westwood's curve-enhancing dresses - which, to the delight of her male fans, are also likely to feature in the ads - seem like a perfect match for Hendricks, who told the Mail: 'She is my favourite designer. As a young girl I would cut out pictures of her dresses from magazines, although I was never able to afford them. ... The lovely thing now is that I can borrow them and they fit so well, unlike some designer clothes."
Hendricks has previously starred in raincoat label London Fog's campaign, following in Gisele Bundchen's footsteps.
Life & Style blogs
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Your best friend as a teenager can determine how healthy you are as an adult
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
New Apple TV release date and price: streaming box and games console will launch in October
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
- 4 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 5 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 - £250000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Stock Broker/ Trainee FX, Stoc...
£30 - 40k + Benefits & Bonus: Guru Careers: A Software / Web Developer (PHP / ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company is the single governing and regul...