Confirmed: Duran Duran do 'Freedom'-inspired supermodel video
Friday 10 June 2011
According to several reports, the British band has been busy shooting the music video to upcoming single "Girl Panic," starring 'original supermodels' Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova, and Helena Christensen as well as singer Simon Le Bon's wife Yasmin.
The casting for the clip - directed by Jonas Ackerlund, who was also behind Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi," for instance - is reminiscent of George Michael's iconic " Freedom" video from the 1990s that featured Campbell, Crawford, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, and Tatjana Patitz.
Shot in London, the new video depicts the models as a girl group, fashion blog Fashionologie reports, and also features designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana who posted pictures from the shoot, which also yielded a fashion series and cover for British Harper's Bazaar, on his Tumblr.
Follow the band's updates on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/duranduran.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 The 20 toughest job interview questions in the world
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...