CVS launches Nuance beauty line with Salma Hayek
Wednesday 10 August 2011
Called Nuance, Salma Hayek's product line for hair, face, and body will be carried exclusively by the US drugstore chain CVS from this month.
Combining natural, Mexican-derived ingredients with her grandmother's beauty secrets, the collection hopes to "enhance the nuances that define every woman's individual beauty."
Skincare products are formulated with fruit extracts and essential oils to address concerns like aging, loss of hydration, and uneven tone and texture, while the haircare is designed to nourish, style and protect fine, dry and chemically treated hair. A full cosmetics range for face, eyes and lips as well as bodycare products are also part of the launch. Prices range between $2.99 and $19.99.
"I wanted to create a line of premium beauty products that were both effective and affordable using the ingredients and knowledge passed down to me from my grandmother," said Hayek. "My partnership with CVS/pharmacy allowed me to be truly involved in every aspect of product development, bringing my vision to life in making a line that is available to all women..."
Hayek has made a point of wanting to create an affordable range in past interviews, so it doesn't come as a surprise that her distribution partner is CVS, not one of the luxury brands owned by her husband, PPR CEO François-Henri Pinault. Hayek's past beauty endorsement gigs, including ones for Avon (since 2004) and Revlon (1998), will without a doubt help her with this new project.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...