Damir Doma, Jason Wu nominated for Swiss Textiles Award
Thursday 22 July 2010
Shortly after the CFDA revealed its nominees for the
Vogue fashion fund, six finalists have been announced to be in the running for the €100,000 Swiss prize that will be handed out in November.
They include the Croatian designer Damir Doma, the Greek Mary Katrantzou, Juun.J from South Corea, US talents Jason Wu and Adam Kimmel, and Duro Olowu from the UK.
The winner - chosen by jury members, Glenda Bailey (US Harper's Bazaar), Vanessa Friedman (UK Financial Times), Silvano Vangi (from the Italian store Luisa Via Roma) - will be announced on November 4 during the Zurich Fashion Days. As can be deduced from the jury lineup, commercial marketability will be just as important a criterion as creativity. Also, award hopefuls must have been active on the fashion market for more than four seasons, including staging their own show during one of the four major fashion capitals' weeks (Paris, New York, London, Milan) and have their own sales channels.
Last year's winner, Alexander Wang, will stage a presentation during the ceremony.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
GTA 5: Christmas arrives in Los Santos as update brings snowball fights, festive jumpers and a homing missile launcher
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...