Damir Doma, Jason Wu nominated for Swiss Textiles Award
Thursday 22 July 2010
Shortly after the CFDA revealed its nominees for the
Vogue fashion fund, six finalists have been announced to be in the running for the €100,000 Swiss prize that will be handed out in November.
They include the Croatian designer Damir Doma, the Greek Mary Katrantzou, Juun.J from South Corea, US talents Jason Wu and Adam Kimmel, and Duro Olowu from the UK.
The winner - chosen by jury members, Glenda Bailey (US Harper's Bazaar), Vanessa Friedman (UK Financial Times), Silvano Vangi (from the Italian store Luisa Via Roma) - will be announced on November 4 during the Zurich Fashion Days. As can be deduced from the jury lineup, commercial marketability will be just as important a criterion as creativity. Also, award hopefuls must have been active on the fashion market for more than four seasons, including staging their own show during one of the four major fashion capitals' weeks (Paris, New York, London, Milan) and have their own sales channels.
Last year's winner, Alexander Wang, will stage a presentation during the ceremony.
Life & Style blogs
Melanoma rates in the UK are up five times on the 1970s
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
How dementia is changing me: My battle with an ever-shifting identity
The 10 Best kitchen knives
It’s a pizza! And a cake!! What’s not to like? (The calories)
- 1 Disabled people are trapped in assessment 'nightmare' by PIP benefits regime, says Dr Stephen Duckworth
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Queen turns 88: David Bailey captures another side of the Queen in birthday portrait
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers
£130 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Secondary Geography Teacher Lo...
£55 - £70 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: Are you a dynamic and energeti...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Group: SEN TAs, LSAs and Support Workers needed...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: The Sheffield office of this...