Damir Doma, Jason Wu nominated for Swiss Textiles Award
Thursday 22 July 2010
Shortly after the CFDA revealed its nominees for the
Vogue fashion fund, six finalists have been announced to be in the running for the €100,000 Swiss prize that will be handed out in November.
They include the Croatian designer Damir Doma, the Greek Mary Katrantzou, Juun.J from South Corea, US talents Jason Wu and Adam Kimmel, and Duro Olowu from the UK.
The winner - chosen by jury members, Glenda Bailey (US Harper's Bazaar), Vanessa Friedman (UK Financial Times), Silvano Vangi (from the Italian store Luisa Via Roma) - will be announced on November 4 during the Zurich Fashion Days. As can be deduced from the jury lineup, commercial marketability will be just as important a criterion as creativity. Also, award hopefuls must have been active on the fashion market for more than four seasons, including staging their own show during one of the four major fashion capitals' weeks (Paris, New York, London, Milan) and have their own sales channels.
Last year's winner, Alexander Wang, will stage a presentation during the ceremony.
Life & Style blogs
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...