Date set for third edition of New York's Fashion's Night Out
Friday 03 December 2010
Following the success of its previous two editions, the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA),
Vogue magazine, and NYC & Company have announced the third edition of Fashion's Night Out.
Billed by organizers as the "biggest shopping event of the year," Fashion's Night Out will descend upon Manhattan once again on September 8, 2011 - the first day of the Spring 2012 shows in New York.
This past September, designers, celebrities, models and fashion editors participated in one-of-a-kind public shopping events held for one day only in some 800 stores across New York's five boroughs. For instance, Daphne Guinness signed perfume bottles on the beauty floor of Barney's New York, Ric Pipino styled hair at Henri Bendel's, Thom Browne signed his signature oxfords at Bergdorf Goodman, and Sean "Diddy" Combs made a guest appearance at his Sean Jean shop at Macy's Herald Square.
Additionally, to promote Fashion's Night Out, Vogue and SPEC Entertainment held a public fashion show at Lincoln Center, which featured more than 150 top models including Daria Werbowy and Chanel Iman.
Though the Big Apple gets most of the action on Fashion's Night Out, the shopping event is actually a global one and is celebrated in cities around the world including Los Angeles, Tokyo, London, Paris and Sydney.
Stores interested in participating in Fashion's Night Out 2011 can start registering at fashionsnightout.com to receive information, become FNO Facebook fans, or follow the Twitter feed at twitter.com/fnonyc.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...