Designer Donna Karan debuts lipsticks
Thursday 09 December 2010
The latest fashion designer to launch a makeup collection, following in the footsteps of Marchesa's Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig and Vera Wang, is American couturier Donna Karan.
To commemorate the 25th anniversary of her eponymous New York label, Karan has designed seven lipstick shades - Tender Peach, Chic Pink, Rich Raisin, Runaway Red, Modern Wine, Classic Ruby, and Black Plum -designed to complement her spring 2011 fashion collection, which abounds with neutral, flowy and crinkled pieces. The set of seven lipsticks is available now at Neiman Marcus and at Neimanmarcus.com for $95 (72 euros).
This past September, Marchesa's Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig teamed up with Le Métier de Beauté to roll out a collection of lip glosses, highlighting powder, concealer, and a lip palette called "La Lune," which is available for $65 (49 euros) at upscale department stores Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus.
Most recently, bridalwear designer Vera Wang announced that she was planning to make her first foray into the cosmetics business. Wang will launch a mass market make-up line for the US department chain Kohl's. The launch date is slated for early 2012.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
- 5 The Queen’s speech 2014: Recap and Twitter reaction to Game of Thrones reference
£70000 - £75000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager/Marketi...
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...