Designer rumored to show last collection for Paris fashion house this season
Wednesday 23 February 2011
Shopping site Racked reports that according to tweets by the Kenzo publicist (@KenzoPR), a certain designer will show his last collection for an "established French house" that has just lost its CEO.
Speculations are running wild on the internet, with most commentators believing it is Stefano Pilati who is on his way out at Yves Saint Laurent. His work has failed to excite critics and shoppers recently, and designers including Haider Ackermann and Raf Simons (who designs for Jil Sander) are said to have been in talks to take his place.
YSL also just lost its CEO, Valerie Hermann, last week.
KenzoPR, known for being at the social media fashion forefront, further tweeted that the designer in question is going to be replaced by someone "MAJOR" who hasn't designed over the past years but has stayed in fashion. A likely choice, surmises Racked, would be former Dior Homme designer Hedi Slimane, who hasn't designed for a major fashion house since he left that brand in 2007 but has stayed an influential figure in the world of style. Slimane worked at YSL Homme in the 1990s.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: HAMPSHIRE MARKET TOWN - A highly attr...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer (CCNP, CCNA, Linux, OSPF,...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: A VERY HIGH QUALITY FIRM A high qual...
£50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: DevOps Engineer (Systems Administration, L...