Designer rumored to show last collection for Paris fashion house this season
Wednesday 23 February 2011
Shopping site Racked reports that according to tweets by the Kenzo publicist (@KenzoPR), a certain designer will show his last collection for an "established French house" that has just lost its CEO.
Speculations are running wild on the internet, with most commentators believing it is Stefano Pilati who is on his way out at Yves Saint Laurent. His work has failed to excite critics and shoppers recently, and designers including Haider Ackermann and Raf Simons (who designs for Jil Sander) are said to have been in talks to take his place.
YSL also just lost its CEO, Valerie Hermann, last week.
KenzoPR, known for being at the social media fashion forefront, further tweeted that the designer in question is going to be replaced by someone "MAJOR" who hasn't designed over the past years but has stayed in fashion. A likely choice, surmises Racked, would be former Dior Homme designer Hedi Slimane, who hasn't designed for a major fashion house since he left that brand in 2007 but has stayed an influential figure in the world of style. Slimane worked at YSL Homme in the 1990s.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 Toby Sheldon: Justin Bieber lookalike found dead in motel room
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Pregnant teenager Neysi Perez 'wakes up in coffin' a day after her funeral
£19000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT and Telecoms company ar...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing, ambitious, en...