Designer to honor Nelson Mandela during Johannesburg fashion week
Friday 18 February 2011
One of South Africa's most prominent designers, David Tlale, will end Jo'burg fashion week with a bang on February 19, when he sends almost a hundred models down Nelson Mandela Bridge.
Each representing a year of age of Mandela, or 'Madiba' as he is often called in South Africa, 92 models will parade across the iconic bridge in the Johannesburg suburb of Braamfontein, wearing looks designed by Tlale and jewelry provided by Anglo-Platinum Limited, which supports local jewelry designers.
Celebrity appearances by the likes of Bold and the Beautiful star Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, who will also walk in the show, are guaranteed to attract extra publicity.
Suzaan Heyns, Abigail Betz, and Thula Sindi are also scheduled to show their collections.
For more information, visit http://www.jfw2011.co.za.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...