Designers to scent their runway collection
Monday 21 February 2011
London-based design duo Meadham Kirchhoff don't content themselves with clothes that look good - they have to smell good, too.
Style.com's Beauty Counter reports that Ed Meadham and Ben Kirchhoff have worked together with British fragrance brand Penhaligon's to perfume their autumn/winter 2011 collection, scheduled for February 22.
Clothes, models and the venue will be scented with the tradition house's Blenheim Bouquet, a blend of citrus oils, spices, and woods that - according to the site - "was created at the turn of the last century and is named after Britain's Blenheim Palace."
Music has long been used to complement the mood of and serve as inspiration for fashion shows - could fragrance be next? Swedish brand Acne, which also shows in London, created a fragrance called Svart Snö ('black snow' in Swedish) to go with its autumn/winter 2010 collection, with creative director Jonny Johansson commenting: "We created this fragrance for one night only and we hope that you remember this space and this night with our Svart Snö room fragrance."
Svart Snö was gifted to showgoers at the night of the presentation last year and wasn't produced in further quantities, but Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet can be shopped here.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
£13676.46 - £16411.61 per annum + OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment Cons...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + training: Ashdown Group: Business and Marketing Gr...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Are you great at building rela...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...