Devendra Banhart turning into glossy campaign favorite
Wednesday 31 August 2011
First fashion was mad about him, and now it seems to be beauty's turn: a video released to promote the new Madly Kenzo fragrance is set against the musician Devendra Banhart's "Carmensita."
Apart from regularly DJing at fashion week parties, Banhart previously caused quite a frenzy when he starred in a campaign for eyewear brand Oliver Peoples with his girlfriend Rebecca Schwartz earlier this year: the clip, released by Nowness, showed the barely clothed couple frolicking around John Lautner's Rainbow House in Los Angeles, with Banhart's"Brindo" playing in the background.
Now, Kenzo is apparently having a go at a more "hipster" approach, having used his music. "Madly Kenzo is the fragrance of a woman who is madly free, a woman who defies conventions," the Japanese fashion house says of the fragrance that will launch next month.
Watch its new campaign at http://youtu.be/RolyN0XEnpo.
Watch Banhart and Schwartz in the Oliver Peoples video at http://youtu.be/Knbj6NaBRN8.
Life & Style blogs
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...