Diane von Furstenberg opens exhibit in Beijing, launches new travel book
Wednesday 06 April 2011
After vowing to increase her presence in the Chinese market a few years ago, US-based designer Diane von Furstenberg has brought her "Journey of a Dress" exhibit to Beijing.
The display that details her fashion house's history opened to the public at the Pace Gallery on April 4 after having traveled Moscow and São Paulo, also known as 'other important emerging markets,' in the past.
With the DvF brand becoming increasingly global, it seems only fitting that von Furstenberg, who also happens to be chairwoman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, has announced the release of a new book on designers' favorite spots around the world, called American Fashion Travel.
Featuring personal holiday memorabilia, questionnaires, photos, and anecdotes, this scrapbook-inspired tome can now be preordered via Assouline for $45.
Other fashion book announcements this week include fashion PR guru Kelly Cutrone's new guide Normal Gets You Nowhere ($13), which will hit Amazon in May, and StyleLikeU, a printed selection from the eponymous blog, that is now available at Amazon for around $18.
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...