Diane von Furstenberg opens exhibit in Beijing, launches new travel book
Wednesday 06 April 2011
After vowing to increase her presence in the Chinese market a few years ago, US-based designer Diane von Furstenberg has brought her "Journey of a Dress" exhibit to Beijing.
The display that details her fashion house's history opened to the public at the Pace Gallery on April 4 after having traveled Moscow and São Paulo, also known as 'other important emerging markets,' in the past.
With the DvF brand becoming increasingly global, it seems only fitting that von Furstenberg, who also happens to be chairwoman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, has announced the release of a new book on designers' favorite spots around the world, called American Fashion Travel.
Featuring personal holiday memorabilia, questionnaires, photos, and anecdotes, this scrapbook-inspired tome can now be preordered via Assouline for $45.
Other fashion book announcements this week include fashion PR guru Kelly Cutrone's new guide Normal Gets You Nowhere ($13), which will hit Amazon in May, and StyleLikeU, a printed selection from the eponymous blog, that is now available at Amazon for around $18.
Life & Style blogs
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Kristen Stewart opens star-studded Chanel show with Julianne Moore, Rita Ora and Lily Collins on the runway
You can now get verified on Tinder
- 1 Man who was struck and killed by lightning in Brecon Beacons 'was carrying a selfie stick'
- 2 Lisa Randolph-Gant: Queen Elsa cake maker says she will carry on baking and will not let people 'break her spirit'
- 3 Tube strike: This pedestrian-friendly map tells you the time it takes to walk between stations
- 4 Pamplona Running of the Bulls 2015: Three men gored and 10 hospitalised on first day of festival
- 5 Sarah Jessica Parker explains why she is not a feminist: 'It's not just about women now'
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...