Discover a new, more refined sexiness this fall
Monday 22 August 2011
Update this season's darker grunge styles with a few feminine twists or have a go at menswear-inspired looks - this fall's sexiness is all about experimentation and sophistication, let designers' fall/winter collections show you how.
Want to stick to the currently popular 1990s? Try layering clothes over or underneath a transparent maxi dress, or go for strategically placed patches, as seen at Yohji Yamamoto, or lace, as Collette Dinnigan did. Dolce & Gabbana also showed a broad range of sheer clothes, and visible underwear remained popular.
Another way to go sexy with fall's trendy maxi styles are high slits: Elie Saab and Frankie Morello are just two of the many designers who had their models show lots of leg, and Michael Kors paired his slit floor-length skirts with cut-out blouses.
Looks borrowed from the guys - tuxedo-inspired suits or dresses, for instance, as seen at Yves Saint Laurent, Moschino, and Jason Wu - will also make you look slinky, but in a less obvious way than in past years.
Life & Style blogs
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Londoners agree to give up first-born child in exchange for free internet
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
FireChat: The internet-free messaging app that's sweeping the world
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 3 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- < Previous
- Next >
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE NQ to MID LEVEL - An e...
Highly Attractive Pakage: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - A highly attractive oppor...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...