Dita Von Teese to design lingerie for all sizes
Friday 15 April 2011
The burlesque dancer is readying an underwear collection in everything from petite to plus-size.
Announcing the news via Twitter on April 13, Von Teese said she had "just signed a new lingerie deal!!! Glam underpinnings in XS to plus-sizes! Launching in Australia, then going global shortly after. Excited!"
According to British Grazia, the star - who previously starred in a Wonderbra ad - said: "I love lingerie that fits well and is also beautiful, bringing function together with glamour and sensuality... I am especially excited to be designing lingerie with a vast sizing range so that women of all shapes and sizes can have a beautiful, sensual lingerie wardrobe that suits their body type."
Grazia also reports that it is the Australian company Lime Door Brands that Von Teese has signed with, and with whom she also intends to design retro-inspired dresses at a later point.
The dancer is not the only star on the campaign trail for more acceptance of bigger sizes in fashion: it-model Daisy Lowe just released designs for curve-hugging swimsuits with UK retailer Peacocks.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...