Dita Von Teese to design lingerie for all sizes
Friday 15 April 2011
The burlesque dancer is readying an underwear collection in everything from petite to plus-size.
Announcing the news via Twitter on April 13, Von Teese said she had "just signed a new lingerie deal!!! Glam underpinnings in XS to plus-sizes! Launching in Australia, then going global shortly after. Excited!"
According to British Grazia, the star - who previously starred in a Wonderbra ad - said: "I love lingerie that fits well and is also beautiful, bringing function together with glamour and sensuality... I am especially excited to be designing lingerie with a vast sizing range so that women of all shapes and sizes can have a beautiful, sensual lingerie wardrobe that suits their body type."
Grazia also reports that it is the Australian company Lime Door Brands that Von Teese has signed with, and with whom she also intends to design retro-inspired dresses at a later point.
The dancer is not the only star on the campaign trail for more acceptance of bigger sizes in fashion: it-model Daisy Lowe just released designs for curve-hugging swimsuits with UK retailer Peacocks.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
£16000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for individual...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£40000 - £95000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Vehicle Inspectors / Pu...