Dita Von Teese to design lingerie for all sizes
Friday 15 April 2011
The burlesque dancer is readying an underwear collection in everything from petite to plus-size.
Announcing the news via Twitter on April 13, Von Teese said she had "just signed a new lingerie deal!!! Glam underpinnings in XS to plus-sizes! Launching in Australia, then going global shortly after. Excited!"
According to British Grazia, the star - who previously starred in a Wonderbra ad - said: "I love lingerie that fits well and is also beautiful, bringing function together with glamour and sensuality... I am especially excited to be designing lingerie with a vast sizing range so that women of all shapes and sizes can have a beautiful, sensual lingerie wardrobe that suits their body type."
Grazia also reports that it is the Australian company Lime Door Brands that Von Teese has signed with, and with whom she also intends to design retro-inspired dresses at a later point.
The dancer is not the only star on the campaign trail for more acceptance of bigger sizes in fashion: it-model Daisy Lowe just released designs for curve-hugging swimsuits with UK retailer Peacocks.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...