Do good, look good this World Oceans Day
Wednesday 08 June 2011
Luxury skincare brand La Mer is celebrating World Oceans Day on June 8 with a limited-edition of its cult Crème face moisturizer, donating a portion of profits to the Oceana charity.
In addition to its year-long partnership with the organization, La Mer will donate $200,000 of sales of the cream that is made from sustainably harvested sea kelp.
But since a jar of the wonder product is $365, the company has thought of an all-budgets way to participate in World Oceans Day: in a partnership with music collective Soundwalk, La Mer has released a free app for the iPhone and iPad. The Seven Seas Sound Mix comes with videos and interviews with seven environmental activists that share their views and expertise on the world's oceans.
The Seven Seas Sound Mix is available on iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/la-mer-7-seas/id438931958?mt=8.
Life & Style blogs
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
Apple stopped a fingerprint scanner from appearing in Google’s Nexus 6
- 1 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
- 5 SAG Awards: Fake applause track interrupts Reese Witherspoon
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: WEST LONDON - An excellent new opportunity wit...
£8 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: A Florist Shop Manager is required to m...
£15000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading supplie...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This organisation is proud to b...