Donna Karan to release redux line of seven essential luxe basics
Saturday 02 April 2011
As part of a trend that has seen several brands launch collections of 'greatest hits,' US designer Donna Karan lets you slip into something more comfortable with her new Casual Luxe line of easy yet luxurious pieces.
An update of her original 'seven easy pieces' - a range of combinable items launched in the 1980s that featured her famous bodysuit - the release comes shortly after other labels including Givenchy and Tim Hamilton have launched reduced collections, meant to make up entire wardrobes.
Including a stretch pant, stretch skirt, a t-shirt, a big sweater, and several vests, Karan's cleanly cut items - made from luxurious materials are designed to be layered onto each other for a sophisticated on-the-go look.
Priced from $295, the collection is now available online and will launch in stores on June 1.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
James Foley beheading: Twitter 'actively suspending' accounts sharing graphic imagery
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...