Donna Karan to release redux line of seven essential luxe basics
Saturday 02 April 2011
As part of a trend that has seen several brands launch collections of 'greatest hits,' US designer Donna Karan lets you slip into something more comfortable with her new Casual Luxe line of easy yet luxurious pieces.
An update of her original 'seven easy pieces' - a range of combinable items launched in the 1980s that featured her famous bodysuit - the release comes shortly after other labels including Givenchy and Tim Hamilton have launched reduced collections, meant to make up entire wardrobes.
Including a stretch pant, stretch skirt, a t-shirt, a big sweater, and several vests, Karan's cleanly cut items - made from luxurious materials are designed to be layered onto each other for a sophisticated on-the-go look.
Priced from $295, the collection is now available online and will launch in stores on June 1.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
More than two thirds of smokers are killed by diseases caused by tobacco use, says study
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...