Dr. Martens launches clothing line
Tuesday 19 April 2011
The 1990s comeback is complete: following seasons of Nirvana runway show soundtracks, the grunge overload at the fall shows, and a recurring love for the decade's TV shows such as
Twin Peaks or
My So-Called Life, Dr. Martens reacts with an inspired fashion range.
Released April 18 and available in shops as well as online, the iconic boot maker's first-ever collection - inspired, as the signature boots, by British workwear - is characteristic of 1990s shapes and patterns: for women, there are masculine shirts and checked shirtdresses, while men can choose from striped t-shirts and button-downs.
Prices range from $48 to just over $100, with the range going on sale in Dr. Martens outlets across the UK, the US, and Asia.
Thanks to the latest collections of the likes of Alexander Wang and Marc Jacobs that were all about maxi dresses, check patterns, turtlenecks, and other wardrobe staples from the era, similar ranges are likely to flood the market come fall.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...