Dr. Martens launches clothing line
Tuesday 19 April 2011
The 1990s comeback is complete: following seasons of Nirvana runway show soundtracks, the grunge overload at the fall shows, and a recurring love for the decade's TV shows such as
Twin Peaks or
My So-Called Life, Dr. Martens reacts with an inspired fashion range.
Released April 18 and available in shops as well as online, the iconic boot maker's first-ever collection - inspired, as the signature boots, by British workwear - is characteristic of 1990s shapes and patterns: for women, there are masculine shirts and checked shirtdresses, while men can choose from striped t-shirts and button-downs.
Prices range from $48 to just over $100, with the range going on sale in Dr. Martens outlets across the UK, the US, and Asia.
Thanks to the latest collections of the likes of Alexander Wang and Marc Jacobs that were all about maxi dresses, check patterns, turtlenecks, and other wardrobe staples from the era, similar ranges are likely to flood the market come fall.
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
Contraceptive pill 'can affect emotions by changing structure of brain'
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...