Dr. Martens launches clothing line
Tuesday 19 April 2011
The 1990s comeback is complete: following seasons of Nirvana runway show soundtracks, the grunge overload at the fall shows, and a recurring love for the decade's TV shows such as
Twin Peaks or
My So-Called Life, Dr. Martens reacts with an inspired fashion range.
Released April 18 and available in shops as well as online, the iconic boot maker's first-ever collection - inspired, as the signature boots, by British workwear - is characteristic of 1990s shapes and patterns: for women, there are masculine shirts and checked shirtdresses, while men can choose from striped t-shirts and button-downs.
Prices range from $48 to just over $100, with the range going on sale in Dr. Martens outlets across the UK, the US, and Asia.
Thanks to the latest collections of the likes of Alexander Wang and Marc Jacobs that were all about maxi dresses, check patterns, turtlenecks, and other wardrobe staples from the era, similar ranges are likely to flood the market come fall.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Madonna claims jokes about her age tantamount to racism: 'No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...