Eva Mendes and Naomi Watts to star in new hair campaign
Friday 06 May 2011
In an unusual move, hair product brand Pantene has enlisted not one, but two A-list Hollywood stars to address two very different types of women and their respective hair dilemmas.
The worldwide advertising campaign - set to launch in July - will have Mendes model for the company's Breakage to Strength repair line, while Watts will endorse its Flat to Volume collection.
"The amount of torture I put my hair through with flat irons, blow dryers and curling irons leaves my hair extremely damaged," said Mendes. "With Pantene [for example the Split End Repair Crème] I can use all of these tools and still keep my hair healthy."
"I want to let women with fine hair know that achieving beautiful, voluminous hair is possible without damaging your hair or adding extensions...," Watts said of her range. "Since I became a mother, the time I have for myself has shrunk dramatically. Also, I have never been able to do my own hair. So I am thrilled with Pantene because the quality of the products helps me get the volume I want with very little effort at all."
It is the second time this year that the two actresses make common beauty headlines: just in March, it was announced by French luxury house Thierry Mugler that Mendes would replace Watts in its Angel perfume ads.
Previous Pantene models include Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen, US actress Hilary Swank, and UK TV host Cat Deely.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...