Facebook beauty brands: care about your hair?
Tuesday 30 March 2010
Even though most beauty brands have not really caught on to the social networking trend (Bobbi Brown and Stila are two exceptions), Stylophane's new Facebook beauty index still gives a first impression of what's hot in beauty right now.
While MAC still tops the makeup ranking and Carol's Daughter is number one in skincare, Aveda leads the pack in hair products, followed by salon brands such as Frederic Fekkai and Ted Gibson as well as the curls-specific Ouidad or hair straighteners from Ghd.
Here is the top ten of most-followed haircare brands:
1) Aveda (59,401 fans)
2) Living Proof (12,870 fans)
3) Frederic Fekkai (10,859 fans)
4) Bumble and bumble (10,039 fans)
5) Ghd (7,814 fans)
6) Ouidad (4,187 fans)
7) Ted Gibson (2,910 fans)
8) Oscar Blandi (1,970 fans)
9) Phyto (1,416 fans)
10) HerCut (1,381 fans)
Divided into four categories (Platinum: more than 100,000 fans, Gold: 10,000 - 100,000, Silver: 1,000 - 10,000, Bronze: 10 - 1,000), Stylophane's rankings are updated daily (and expressed in graphs), and new brands can be added upon request.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Miss Universe 2015: A beefeater, a yellow tree and an entire hockey game - the bizarre national costumes
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy
£22000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An established, family owned de...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An exciting position has risen for a Customer ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
£21000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A smart software company locate...