Facebook beauty brands: most popular labels of the moment
Tuesday 19 October 2010
MAC Cosmetics topped the list of beauty brands with the biggest Facebook following, according to Stylophane's Facebook index. It saw its fan base increase by ten percent thanks to its interactive Facebook application, launched to promote the beauty brand's new product line Venomous Villians.
The cosmetics line for fall sells everything from pressed powder to eye shadow to lip gloss in whimsical packaging featuring designs of Disney's most infamous evil characters like Maleficient and Cruella de Vil.
Meanwhile, skincare remains popular with Carol's Daughter and Clinique both making the top ten.
Amongst drugstore beauty brands, Covergirl and Revlon boast the most Facebook fans. Covergirl's popularity may be attributed to the launch of its new Lashblast Lengths Mascara, which has been a smash hit and was even voted Best Lengthening Mascara by US beauty magazine Allure last month.
1) MAC (1,194,401 fans)
2) Carol's Daughter (435,060 fans)
3) Ghd (315,332 fans)
4) L'Oreal Paris (312,041 fans)
5) Covergirl (311,600 fans)
6) Mary Kay (256,101 fans)
7) Neutrogena (216,378 fans)
8) Clinique (207,981 fans)
9) Revlon (201,671 fans)
10) Bare Escentuals (164,939 fans)
San Francisco-based online-marketing firm Stylophane tracks and ranks a brand's Facebook fan base. Divided into four categories (Platinum: more than 100,000 fans, Gold: 10,000 - 100,000, Silver: 1,000 - 10,000, Bronze: 10 - 1,000), Stylophane's rankings are updated daily.
More info can be found at http://stylophane.com/fbi.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£17340 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Come and join one of the UK's leading ca...
£18000 - £70000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity for a Fluent Chines...
£27000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to business growth, this is...
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...