Facebook beauty brands: most popular labels of the moment
Thursday 09 December 2010
MAC Cosmetics topped the list of beauty brands with the biggest Facebook following, according to Stylophane's Facebook index.
The cosmetics label has been at the top of the charts since the index was started this past March thanks to the bevy of announcements and videos it posts on its Facebook site to promote its new makeup collections and other brand-related news. MAC's holiday 2010/11 collection, A Tartan Tale, has gotten a lot of buzz for its vibrant shades as well as for the dedicated iPhone and iPad applications MAC recently launched.
Meanwhile, skincare remains popular with Carol's Daughter and Clinique both making the top ten.
Amongst drugstore beauty brands, Covergirl and L'Oreal Paris boast the most Facebook fans. Covergirl's popularity may be attributed to the impending launch of its new NatureLuxe line of cosmetics, which uses higher-quality, plant-based ingredients in the makeup formulations rather than cheap synthetic ones. The line is slated to hit U.S. stores by yearend and photos of the ad campaign, starring fresh-faced country singer Taylor Swift, have already started circulating on the Web.
1) MAC (1,395,753 fans)
2) Ghd (566,323 fans)
3) Carols Daughter (488,335 fans)
4) Covergirl (409,217 fans)
5) L'Oreal Paris (364,172 fans)
6) Mary Kay (305,375 fans)
7) Neutrogena (265,613 fans)
8) Lancome (251,763 fans)
9) Clinique (247,128 fans)
10) Burt's Bees (224,676 fans)
San Francisco-based online-marketing firm Stylophane tracks and ranks a brand's Facebook fan base. Divided into four categories (Platinum: more than 100,000 fans, Gold: 10,000 - 100,000, Silver: 1,000 - 10,000, Bronze: 10 - 1,000), Stylophane's rankings are updated daily.
More info can be found at http://stylophane.com/fbi.
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...