Face-Off: MAC Cosmetics' first reality-show competition
Tuesday 26 October 2010
The first episode of MAC's Halloween Face-Off challenge aired on the beauty brand's YouTube channel on October 25. The fierce reality-show competition pits three MAC makeup artists against each other in a challenge to create the most stunning Halloween look in under three hours.
The show is hosted by Lauren Ezersky, presenter of the American TV program Behind the Velvet Ropes, and features makeup gurus Jenn Karsten, Joey Camasta, and Fatima Thomas. The three contestants clash in this high-drama mini-series given their ambition and egos as they all vie for the title of 2010's Diva of Disguise.
Episode Two of the competition will be available for viewing on MAC's YouTube page and its Facebook wall beginning October 26 at 10 am EST. Additional episodes will follow.
The winner of the competition will be chosen by MAC fans via the cosmetics brand's Facebook page.
MAC Cosmetics (Makeup Art Cosmetics) was started in Canada by Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo in 1984. Since its founding, the beauty brand has risen to become one of the most recognizable labels when it comes to professional makeup. It was acquired by Estée Lauder in 1998.
Other beauty labels also regularly post videos and makeup tutorials on their Facebook and YouTube pages to reach out to their fans and boast strong followings on these social networking sites (take Smashbox, Make Up Forever and L'Oréal, for example), but MAC is the first brand to launch such an internet reality show competition.
MAC Cosmetics Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MACcosmetics
MAC Cosmetics YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MACcosmetics
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...