Fall shopping trends tartan, acid wash, and schoolgirl-inspired looks emerge online
Wednesday 27 July 2011
The famous Scottish check pattern, 1980s-inspired acid wash denim, and over-the-knee socks to go with reworked school uniforms are popping up all over the style community to get its users into the mood for the cold season.
01. Dolce & Gabbana (no change)
02. H&M (no change)
03. Gucci (+1)
04. Topshop (re-entry)
05. Miss Selfridge (+2)
06. Alexander McQueen (-3)
07. Matthew Williamson (re-entry)
08. Wet Seal (no change)
09. Miu Miu (-3)
10. Stella McCartney (re-entry)
01. net-a-porter.com (+1)
02. topshop.com (-1)
03. missselfridge.com (no change)
04. lagarconne.com (+3)
05. calypsostbarth.com (+3)
06. my-wardrobe.com (+3)
07. generalpants.com.au (-3)
08. tillys.com (+2)
09. coggles.com (new)
10. miumiu.com (-5)
01. Leighton Meester (+1)
02. Gemma Ward (+2)
03. Olivia Palermo (-2)
04. Beyonce Knowles (+3)
05. Abbey Lee Kershaw (no change)
06. Natalia Vodianova (re-entry)
07. Kim Kardashian (-4)
08. Victoria Beckham (-2)
09. Chanel Iman (no change)
10. Blake Lively (re-entry)
01. leopard print (re-entry)
02. ankle cuff shoes (re-entry)
03. over the knee socks (re-entry)
04. tartan (new)
05. acid wash jeans (re-entry)
06. polka dots (re-entry)
07. friendship bracelets (-6)
08. knit berets (new)
09. denim shirts (-6)
10. turquoise jewelry (re-entry)
Data collected on July 27.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...