Fall shopping trends tartan, acid wash, and schoolgirl-inspired looks emerge online
Wednesday 27 July 2011
The famous Scottish check pattern, 1980s-inspired acid wash denim, and over-the-knee socks to go with reworked school uniforms are popping up all over the style community to get its users into the mood for the cold season.
01. Dolce & Gabbana (no change)
02. H&M (no change)
03. Gucci (+1)
04. Topshop (re-entry)
05. Miss Selfridge (+2)
06. Alexander McQueen (-3)
07. Matthew Williamson (re-entry)
08. Wet Seal (no change)
09. Miu Miu (-3)
10. Stella McCartney (re-entry)
01. net-a-porter.com (+1)
02. topshop.com (-1)
03. missselfridge.com (no change)
04. lagarconne.com (+3)
05. calypsostbarth.com (+3)
06. my-wardrobe.com (+3)
07. generalpants.com.au (-3)
08. tillys.com (+2)
09. coggles.com (new)
10. miumiu.com (-5)
01. Leighton Meester (+1)
02. Gemma Ward (+2)
03. Olivia Palermo (-2)
04. Beyonce Knowles (+3)
05. Abbey Lee Kershaw (no change)
06. Natalia Vodianova (re-entry)
07. Kim Kardashian (-4)
08. Victoria Beckham (-2)
09. Chanel Iman (no change)
10. Blake Lively (re-entry)
01. leopard print (re-entry)
02. ankle cuff shoes (re-entry)
03. over the knee socks (re-entry)
04. tartan (new)
05. acid wash jeans (re-entry)
06. polka dots (re-entry)
07. friendship bracelets (-6)
08. knit berets (new)
09. denim shirts (-6)
10. turquoise jewelry (re-entry)
Data collected on July 27.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives 6.5 million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting position has risen ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Internal Sales Executive ...
£28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises in the installa...
£30000 - £35500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...