Fall/Winter trends: charming prints for Prince Charming
Wednesday 31 August 2011
This season's menswear prints and color palette are not for the timid: go bold and graphic with florals, oriental patterns, or head-to-toe brights.
Both Givenchy and Kenzo presented flower prints during the Fall/Winter shows, while Dolce & Gabbana and Versace were all about orientals. One of the most daring prints of the season came courtesy of Alexander McQueen which had the models go up in flames, with blazing patterns lighting up the label's suits.
A more traditional pattern could be found on the runways of Etro, John Richmond, and Costume National Homme: checks remain a go-to look this fall.
But prints will not be the only way to have all eyes on you this season: designers were also keen on bright colors. Costume National Homme presented tip-to-toe red outfits, while Frankie Morello did the same, just in orange, and Versace tried "clashing" colors like pink shirts with red pants, a color blocking trend that is also very popular in women's fashion right now.
Life & Style blogs
'Timeless fashion': It may be a paradox, but the industry loves it
The brothel buster: Meet the man who gets paid to have sex with prostitutes
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...